Tuesday 26 March 2013

Race Car Cake!!

Hey bakers!

It was my cousin's fifth birthday a few days ago, so I baked him a chocolate race car cake!
First of all, I started with a box cake, and made that!
 

Then I cut out the shape of a five out of cardboard, placed it on the cake, and cut it out to make a five!
 

Then, I made marshmallow fondant and dyed it green. I thinly iced the sides of cake and covered it with the green fondant to look like "grass".
 
I purchased edible black fondant paper and cut out rectangles. I thinly iced the top of the cake and covered it with the black paper, then using yellow-dyed fondant, made a "start" and "finish" line! I also used a white icing pen to create track lines.
 
 
With the white icing pen and blue sprinkles, I spelled out the words start and finish on the yellow spaces!
 

 
Also, using cardboard, I cut out a shape to use on the cake, and with pink fondant and the white icing pen, I spelled out my cousin's name!

I cut out black paper to make flags for the race track!
 
Last but not least, I used some toy cars to top the cake!


 
Hope you enjoyed this race car cake tutorial!!
 
Later bakers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment